Different Types of Free Spins at Canadian Online Casinos
Undeniably casinos, players and affiliates alike tend to use the term ‘free spins’ very loosely. The phrase itself is very broad and isn’t merely used for promotions you may claim for free. Some require a deposit, others do not (hence the operative word ‘no deposit’), and are offered as a standalone offer, or form part of a promotional package deal. Then there’s also the question of eligibility for different types of players. There are even free spins which cater to newcomers, loyal players or both.
So let’s take a look at all the types of free spins and everything you need to know about them:
No Deposit Free Spins or Welcome Bonus
How does the chance of winning real money sound? How about being able to benefit from this offer without the need to deposit any of your own money? Enter no deposit free spins.
There are a multitude of licensed casinos in Canada that offer free spins on sign up as a way to welcome new players. Think of them as an opportunity to ‘test-drive’ the casino of your choice.
But, before benefiting from these free spins, remember that:
- They usually come with wagering requirements that need to be met within a time-frame
- There are often limitations on the slots you can play
- You should carefully read the T&Cs to avoid any nasty surprises
- To withdraw your winnings, you probably need to make a small deposit into your account
Card Registration vs. No Card Registration
Certain casinos ask you to add your payment details, in order to receive your free spins.
This is done in a bid to avoid:
- Potential bonus abuse
- Illegal and underage gambling
- Duplicate account creation – which is prohibited at any casino
Registering your card details to get free spins may feel like an unnecessary inconvenience. But it’s a necessary evil which will ultimately make your eventual first deposit easier and more efficient.
With that said, not all casinos impose divulging such sensitive information to get free spins once registering, and there exists a number of operators where you can receive no deposit free spins without disclosing such personal data.
Nevertheless, in order to benefit from these no deposit spins, you will still need to provide some necessary details (as part of the casino’s KYC verification procedure) to create an account.
- Your name and surname
- Date of birth
- Contact number
- Email address
Free Spins That Require a Deposit
Once a deposit is made, casinos usually offer even more enticing bonuses. After all, it’s an indirect way of incentivizing you to start using your own money. Also known as ‘bonus spins’ or ‘extra spins’ certain casinos choose to offer them as the entire first deposit bonus, others award a deposit match bonus with some free spins thrown in over and above.
While no deposit free spins are great, there are a number of reasons many players choose the depositing variety.
Let’s take a look at three of them:
- Normally there are no win limits attached
- The number of spins or bets per spin tend to be considerably higher
- Some casinos offer exceptionally low wagering requirements
It stands to reason why such free spins are so appealing to players; you’re depositing your own money and the casino is acknowledging this by rewarding you with a deal that’s worth your while. That said, as is the case with many bonuses, there’s no ‘cookie-cutter’ standard.
Some casinos decide to award you with a fixed amount of spins, irrespective of the amount deposited. Whilst others grant you with an amount of free spins that’s proportionate to the deposit made. For instance, you get 1 free spin per $1 deposited.
Free Spins that Require No wagering
Despite being scarce, free spins with no wagering requirements attached do exist. Yep, you read that correctly – there are absolutely zero wagering requirements attached! And you thought that free spins, no deposit bonuses with the chance of winning real money were fantastic? Well, these definitely have given them a run for their money (sorry, we couldn’t resist the pun)!
If you’re lucky enough to come across these free spins, these are seven things to keep in mind:
- They aren’t dependent on deposit of funds
- Wagering requirements are completely absent
- Any winnings are instantly credited to your cash balance as real money
- You need to reach a minimum amount of money for it to be withdrawable
- Similarly, you also need to ensure you don’t exceed the withdrawable limit (which is often referred to as the ‘winning cap’)
- If you exceed the withdrawable limit, simply continue playing with your winnings
- You can exchange ‘frozen’ funds (if over the winning cap) for money not bound to a bonus
Admittedly, you might have better luck finding a needle in a haystack when searching for such free spins. That’s where we come in. We’re always on the lookout to list new offers – including the hard to-find-ones like these – on our site.
But before rubbing your hands in glee, we suggest to keep the following tips in mind:
- No wagering free spins may come with other, stricter restrictions
- You must read and understand all the T&Cs
- Such free spins may have lower win limits