Top Casino Welcome Bonuses
In this section we have put together for you a list of the top welcome bonuses at online casinos.
- $Unlimited Match Bonus
- Wager: 30x
- Use Code: STARTER350
- $300 Match Bonus
- Wager: 30x
- Use Code: 100MATCH
- $100 Match Bonus
- Wager: 30x
- Use Code: JCWELCOME
- $Unlimited Match Bonus
- Wager: 385x
- Use Code: STAR333
- $5000 Match Bonus
- Wager: 35x
- Use Code: HELLOSLOTS200
- $Unlimited Match Bonus
- Wager: See Casino
- Use Code: 300NDBN
- $2900 Match Bonus
- Wager: 40x
- Use Code: WS290
- $1000 Match Bonus
- Wager: 12x
- No Code Required
- $7777 Match Bonus
- Wager: 25x
- Use Code: SLOTO1MATCH
- $8888 Match Bonus
- Wager: 30x
- Use Code: UPTOWN1ACES
- $Unlimited Match Bonus
- Wager: 30x
- Use Code: WELCOME200
- $11100 Match Bonus
- Wager: 30x
- Use Code: SOAK555
- $500 Match Bonus
- Wager: 10x
- Use Code: WELCOME1
We have compiled the above list for you for a very good reason. The fact that every online casino offers a match bonus leaves you spoiled for choice when it comes to picking an online casino to play.
While the problem of plenty is a great problem to have, sometimes it comes with its own challenges. Finding the right casino can be draining, for instance, if you were to do it on your own. There are just too many casinos to run through. That is not the only problem: there will be a number of casinos with match bonuses that look juicy enough to want to sign up, but have terms and conditions that are a player’s nightmare.
Our list simplifies the task of finding the right casino completely. All the casinos on our list have been tested and vetted for their bonuses by our team of experts. We also check the terms and conditions attached and let you know about them. All you need to do is go through our list, find one that seems good to you, read the review, and then choose the one that matches your requirements.
What is a Casino Match Bonus?
A match bonus is when you deposit funds into your account and the casino matches that with one of its own. It is offered as incentive and in appreciation of your business.
The following are some features of the casino match bonus:
- It is usually expressed as a percentage of your deposit amount.
- There is no official minimum or maximum percentage that a casino can offer; the match percentage offered depends on the casino operator. It could be a 25% match or even a 300% match.
- Casinos have traditionally kept a ceiling on the maximum amount it will match your deposit. That is why you would usually see the match bonus offer read as, for instance, 100% match up to $300. Such a bonus would give you a cool $600 to play with in all, though you had deposited only $300.
- Nowadays, however, that trend is changing: some casinos do not have an upper ceiling on the match bonus; whatever you deposit the casino matches it with the percentage mentioned.
- Match bonuses come with their own terms and conditions, including wagering requirements. You would need to fulfil the conditions attached to the bonus to be able to use it correctly and redeem winnings.
- Because it is available only on depositing funds, casinos make this bonus available to new as well as existing players.
Benefits of Using a Match Bonus at Casinos
There are a number of benefits of using a match bonus when you play at any of the casinos:
- More money to play with.
- A chance to win with minimum deposits
- An incentive to sign up or return to the casino
How a Match Bonus Works
Match bonuses are simple and easy to use. You open an account with an online casino and deposit money into it. The casino matches your deposit once it shows up in your account, which is usually instantly.
Here are a few things about deposit match bonuses you should know:
- Many casinos require you to use up your deposit balance before giving them access to the bonus amount they have deposited into your account. That is why at these casinos you will find two account balances:
- A real money balance for your money.
- A bonus balance for the match bonus that you are offered.
- Many casinos provide special bonus codes that you will need to enter into the required field on the casino’s website to be able to claim the bonus.
- Some casinos offer ‘sticky’ match bonuses. This means you cannot withdraw this bonus amount and it would be deducted from your winnings at the time of withdrawal. For instance, if you received a $300 bonus from the company and won $1000 with your bonus and deposit amount, you will be allowed to withdraw $700.
- All match bonuses come with their terms and conditions. Ensure that you meet them; only then will you be able to withdraw your winnings without any hassles.
Types of Casino Signup Bonuses
You get different types of casino match bonuses when you visit an online casino accepting players. New players get match bonuses, individually or combined with free spins bonuses. Existing players also get match bonuses as incentive to stay on and play.
The 2 main categories of match bonuses are:
Each of these bonuses has its own benefits and they contribute to the enormous popularity. In the following sections we take a closer look at each of these match bonus types.
In this section we take a look at the typically available online casino match bonuses listed earlier. We start with the welcome bonus:
Welcome Match Bonus
Every online casino offers a welcome bonus to new players who sign up with them. The most commonly available welcome bonus is the match bonus – you deposit funds into your account the first time and the casino matches it by depositing a percentage of your deposit into your account. A good example is an online casino that offers a 100% match bonus up to $500. This means up to a maximum limit of $500, the casino will match your deposit 100% – you deposit $400 and the casino gives you an additional $400, giving you $800 in all.
Here are a few characteristics of the welcome bonus:
- Most casinos offer it on your first deposit.
- Some casinos spread it across your first 3-4 deposits to make it look more attractive. The attraction becomes magnetic when you add up the total amount available at the end of the rounds of deposits for which the match bonus is available. For instance, 100% match up to $500 may look good, but a bonus of up to $2500 across your first 5 deposits is magnificent!
- In the case of a multi-deposit welcome match bonus like the one mentioned above, the match percentages need not be equal for all the deposit rounds. This is what one of these bonuses could look like: you get a multi-deposit match bonus of up to $2000 on your first 4 deposits:
- 100% match up to $500 on the first deposit.
- 50% match up to $250 on the second deposit.
- 75% match up to $250 on the third deposit.
- 75% match up to $500 on the fourth deposit.
- 100% match up to $500 on the fifth deposit.
- Some casinos offer a match welcome bonus in combination with another hugely popular bonus – free spins. The following is a good example of such a bonus: – 100% match up to $400 and 100 free spins on Starburst.
- The match bonus-free spins combo can be offered singly on the first deposit or as part of a multi-deposit bonus offer. The following are the different ways casinos offer them as part of a multi-deposit welcome bonus package:
- The match bonus and free spins components on each of the deposit rounds.
- The free spins only on the first deposit, and the match bonus across all the deposit rounds.
- The free spins available at a specified number of spins a day for a specified number of days.
One of the things about the welcome match bonus – you also have the option of declining the offer. You must inform the casino’s customer support team about your decision not to use the bonus before you start playing, because the bonus is activated you cannot cancel it.
A good example of a casino that offers this bonus is Raging Bull casino.
- 250% match bonus and 25 free spins on a deposit of $30 to $69.
- 300% match bonus and 30 free spins on a deposit of $70 to $149.
- 350% match bonus and 50 free spins on a deposit of $150 or more.
This bonus can be accessed with the bonus code BIGGERISBETTER. It comes with a 35x wagering requirement. The free spins element of the bonus doesn’t have a separate wagering requirement attached to it.
The most common match bonus after the welcome bonus is the reload bonus. It is offered by casinos to their existing players. As the term suggests, it is available once the player opts to reload his casino bonus after running through the welcome bonus. The way it functions is the same as the welcome bonus – you deposit funds afresh into your account and the casino matches it with a deposit of its own.
Reload bonuses are usually offered regularly by casinos. An existing player may get a 100% reload bonus up to $100 on making a deposit, after he has exhausted his welcome bonus. The reload bonus may also be of two types:
- Cash bonus that the casino offers.
- Cash bonus in combination with free spins.
How to Redeem a Casino Bonus
Casino match bonuses are easy to redeem. This is how:
- Log in to your casino account.
- Visit the Banking section. At some casinos this may be referred to as the Cashier.
- Click on your preferred payment method. Most casinos, however, prefer that players use the same method for making deposits and withdrawals.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit into your account.
- Click the link providing information about the available bonus.
- You also have the option of decline the bonus.
- Click the Submit button to close out the process. If you have opted to use the bonus it is added to your casino account.
How to Read the Fine Print and Rules
Bonuses are attractive options because of the instantly visible advantages they offer, like increasing your bankroll and giving you a chance to win more. While the numbers may be mouth-watering, there is a critical aspect you should know: all bonuses have their terms and conditions. Casinos attach these conditions to ensure fair usage and prevent bonus abuse or fraud.
The terms and conditions constitute the fine print governing the use of a bonus and the claiming of wins earned with it.
If you do not fulfil these conditions you would be liable to face penalties that include:
All casino match bonuses come with their own terms and conditions. It is critical for players to read the fine print before accepting a bonus. Only then will they get the complete picture of the bonus and its workings.
The following are the important rules associated with the match bonus:
Wagering requirements: This is the most important rule for each bonus, including the match bonus. You are required to wager the bonus amount a specified number of times. Only then will you be able to claim winnings from it. For instance, a 35x wagering requirement on a 100% up to $100 match bonus: this means you will need to wager $3500 to claim winnings earned by using this bonus.
Some casinos include your deposit also in the wagering requirements. For the above example, if you made a deposit of $100 and got a $100 match bonus you would, as per this requirement, need to wager $200 x 35 or $7000 to claim winnings from it.
Different games contribute differently to wagering requirements. For instance, slots and scratch cards usually contribute 100%, while games like blackjack contribute lesser, e.g. 25%. Knowing the wagering contributions is therefore equally important as it helps you decide which games to wager on to complete the wagering requirements quickly.
Bonus validity: There is a validity period for bonuses. Knowing the validity period is important as it helps you play with a bonus that is still active.
Maximum match amount: Casinos usually place a cap on the maximum amount to which the bonus match would be provided. So when a casino offers a 100% match bonus up to $500, it means the bonus match would work up to a maximum of $500 only.
Minimum deposit amount: Each bonus usually has a minimum deposit amount; you can claim the bonus only on depositing this minimum amount.
Casino Bonus Frequently Asked Questions
Is it correct to say that I get free money when I accept a match bonus?
Technically, bonus money – especially what you get as a match bonus – is not free. You get it only when you deposit funds. The right term would be ‘extra money’. Even with the no deposit bonus, while it appears to be free, it isn’t because you have to make a deposit to claim a portion of the winnings from it.
Could you tell me about some of the critical rules that govern match bonuses?
Every rule associated with a match bonus is important. The ones that catch the eye immediately include the wagering requirements, the eligible games for the bonus, and the lack of permission to claim more than one bonus at a time.
Would the wagering requirement vary from one casino to another?
The wagering requirements vary from casino to casino. Of course, there are standard multiples that commonly used. For instance, you will find a number of casinos offering 40x wagering requirements. Read the terms and conditions to know the exact number at each casino.
Is it possible to play without using a match bonus?
Of course casinos give you the option of declining a match bonus and playing with your own money. However, you would need to inform the casino if you are not using a bonus before it is activated. Once activated, a bonus cannot be cancelled.
Can a player use a match bonus fraudulently?
Fraudulent usage of a match bonus is not possible. Casinos have strict terms and conditions in place to ensure fair usage of each bonus offered.
Please explain the concept of a fair wagering requirement.
Some casinos come with outrageous wagering requirements that immediately indicate that it would not be easy or even worth to claim winnings from that bonus. A fair wagering requirement is one that is sensible and realistic. So a 35x wagering requirement would be fair, while a 80x wagering requirement wouldn’t be.
Is the match bonus a rip-off?
The match bonus that casinos offer is definitely not a rip-off. The funds are genuinely available in your account when you deposit money.